Thursday, 25 August 2016

BOOK REVIEW #4 - AIR AWAKENS (SPOILER FREE)




Genres : YA, High Fantasy, Romance
Series : Air Awakens
My Rating : 


Review

I had been waiting to get my hands on this book for a while and now that I have read it I am mad at myself for not reading it sooner. This book captured my attention early on although it wasn't too action packed in the beginning but Elise Kova wasted no time in beginning world and character building as well as building some anticipation and mystery.

Her writing captivated me and I finished the book within about 2.5 days(I usually take a week per book no matter the length). The romance wasn't instalove and it built up and I connected to the main character, Vhalla, quite easily and I was surprised with most things that Vhalla was surprised with.

Overall the book was fantastic and although there was magic, I could have used a little more but I think that in the sequel there will be much more magic and I can't wait to get the rest of this series and the upcoming         'The Alchemists of  Loom' by Elise Kova as well.




Synopsis

A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond...

The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.

Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.




Purchase Links

Paperback: Amazon | Book Depository |
Hardcover: Amazon | Book Depository |
Ebook: Kindle|


2 comments:

  1. I really liked Air Awakens, too! I read Fire Falling over the summer and plan to read the rest maybe over Christmas break. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered Fire Falling a few days ago and I plan to read them as fast as possible because soon enough there will be the prequel trilogy and I heard that it might have reasons to why some characters did somethings in the last 2 books thus it might ruin some surprises!! :)

      Delete